Who are Shared Lives South West?
- Shared Lives South West is an independent regional charity which runs Shared Lives and closely related services throughout Devon and Cornwall.
- We’ve been in operation since 2004, when we used to be called SWAPS – the South West Adult Placement Scheme.
- We work with the four local authorities in Cornwall, Plymouth, Devon and Torbay to provide a range of services suitable for people who have extra needs.
- We have offices in Kingsteignton in Devon and Scorrier in Cornwall and employ 40 paid staff in our head office and our Shared Lives teams.
- We are an award winning organisation with a very strong reputation in the Shared Lives sector for quality, innovation and person centred approaches.
The most important people in Shared Lives South West are the 300+ people who use our services and who are supported by over 200 amazing Shared Lives carers. To see what they have to say about how Shared Lives works in practice please click the ‘videos’ link on the left.